General Manager for Award Winning 4 Star Hotel in Idyllic Rural setting
This position will require a consummate hospitality professional;
-To assume the day to day responsibility for the efficient operation of all departments and the wider business.
-To promote the desired work culture in our hotel by - Doing the right things, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together in order to deliver a hotel experience our guests love.
At our 4 Star Property we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to;
-Be you - by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
-Get ready -by taking notice and using knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
-Show you care - by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
-Take action - by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Key Job Responsibilities:-
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skills development.
- Be directly involved in developing and executing revenue strategies and sales initiatives - whilst continually developing your teams to do the same.
- Ensure constructive team communication with emphasis on structured training and development to improve service standards.
- Co-ordinate and control with initiative all issues relating to costs, expenses, wastage, breakages, security and stock control.
- Ensure procedures are in place across all functions in line with agreed standards and manuals.
- Ensure you have a visible and involved presence across all area, actively seeking feedback and updates on a daily basis - coaching your management team as a matter of routine.
- Ensure you actively develop a full understand of the mechanics of the business and all the potential impacts of service standards and revenue decisions.
- Ensure forecasting is carried out by Heads of Departments in conjunction with the successful candidate.
- Pro-actively assess risks to the business - next shifts, next day, next month etc.
- In conjunction with the Head of Departments ensure recruitment, training, development and staffing levels are as required.
- Continuously analyse actual standards observed against department standards and actively challenge deviation.
- Continuously report pro-actively on risks and opportunities to the Directors so that insight is created for team decision making.
- To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements - relay information and ideas to the Directors for the enhancement of customer expectation.
- To support with initiative and commitment the overall objectives of the business in terms of revenues, costs and team work - developing your personal competency levels.
- To carry out appraisals/job chats as per the company appraisal system.
- To build a consensus and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- To be fully conversant with disciplinary procedures and all other relevant human resources practices e.g. sickness/absenteeism.
- To carry out Duty Management functions when required.
- To be a good example of the company dress code and appearance standards - ensuring that your team fully comply with these
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of the Directors.
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets.
- Effectively manage staffing costs by preparing efficient work schedules.
- Maintain adequate stock levels and complete stock takes as required.
- To support with initiative and commitment the overall objectives of the business in terms of revenues, costs and team work - whilst developing your personal competency levels.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with our Hotel's grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programmes and maximise opportunities for self- development.
- Comply with our Hotel's code of conduct at all times.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and Corick House standards to include-
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests.
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience.
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel Industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all tourism stakeholders in our region.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relation to Health, Hygiene and Fire & Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- Pro-actively pursue all practices in line with Corick House environmental and energy saving initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN:-
-Excellent Salary between £50,000 - £60,000 a year
-Annual bonus on achieving KPI’S
-Accommodation provided if required
-Fantastic rural setting
-4 Star Property
- Service Standards
- Exceeding Expectations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'