General Manager - Food-Led Pub and Restaurant - New Site Opening - Job Summary
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced General Manager working for this leading branded gastro pub chain. Although branded, each site has an independent feel with a strong emphasis on desirable surroundings creating an ideal family environment. You must have previous management experience, coupled with a desire for setting and upholding company standards.
Our client is one of the UK's leading operators of managed pubs, bars and restaurants. They are one of the great names in licensed retailing and were at the forefront of the creation of the British pub restaurants we know today. This brand offers desirable surroundings making them the best pub restaurant for comfortable and relaxed conversation. It is a highly regarded brand throughout the sector and is synonymous with quality and service. Part of the appeal is the menu of old favourites with a few contemporary twists with the emphasis on freshly prepared food.
You will be part of a division which is set for rapid expansion, with each site getting a significant level of investment. This is a tremendous opportunity for a Senior General Manager looking to establish themselves in a new business with a direct route into an Operational Management role!
General Manager - Food-Led Pub and Restaurant - New Site Opening - Role Responsibility
The role of the General Manager involves the day-to-day running of the site, leading by example and driving the business forward. You will adhere to company standards and procedures, motivating and developing your team.
- Maximise sales and profit within your business and deliver your agreed targets and sales plan
- Manage and control the costs of your business
- Ensure compliance with cash handling, accounts, licensing, company property, security and stock procedures at your site
- Take full responsibility for the brand at your site
- Ensure your team consistently maintains company brand standards and expectations through utilisation of company policies and procedures
- Keeping customers happy will be the most important thing to you - ensure your team deliver and recognise the importance of great customer service in line with company best practice
- Recruit and induct the right people for your team in line with company policy and provide ongoing development to help them reach their full potential
- Ensure that all legislation is adhered to within your site, including employment law, health and safety, food hygiene, COSHH
General Manager - Food-Led Pub and Restaurant - New Site Opening - The Ideal Candidate
- Similar experience is essential, ideally from a branded restaurant/pub environment, running table service
- Qualifications are an advantage
- Ambition to continually drive the business forward
- Excellent team player and leader
- Key management and development skills
- Good financial understanding
- Experience of new openings would be desirable
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.