Our client, Zespri International Ltd., an internationally respected grower-owned and established organisation, continually focuses on providing premium quality and value, to their brand of kiwifruit and are known for being the 'best in the world’. Innovation, a world-class breeding programme dedicated to the development of new varieties concomitant with optimisation of orchard productivity, supply chain optimisation are their key strategies to ensure their leading global reputation.
The five year perspective of Zespri Global Supply business is one of significant growth and value generation for the benefit of stakeholders. A key part of their strategy is to serve the customers with the best kiwifruit throughout the year and accordingly they have established orchard operations internationally.
Based in Shanghai, China, the General Manager China Supply is a senior leadership position, where you will lead the establishment and validation of Provincial Production Ecosystems whilst developing a pathway for generating the MVP as per Zespri quality and food safety standards. In coordination with the sales & marketing teams, you will lead the execution of final year of China project supply chain trials.
Reporting to the Chief International Production Officer and working in conjunction with Global Production Manager, you will provide strategic and effective leadership to the OPC and Technical teams in day to day operations of existing and future Centres of Excellence and Model Orchards, to implement and achieve the required ZGS orchard to market excellence targets.
Key responsibilities of this role will include;
- Lead all critical workstreams identified for the successful establishment of a China production operation.
- Scoping and agreeing on production provinces, identify growing and supply chain partners, define and publish CPP developing appropriate control systems to ensure compliance.
- Work with China Programme Manager to develop and execute strategy to overcome identified commercial and production challenges
- Manage Zespri technical staff in a matrix reporting structure with the Global Production Manager working together closely to ensure optimal efficiency of the team’s efforts in light of the unique challenges in China.
- Through effective leadership, champion and achieve a revenue assurance and effective cost management culture within Zespri.
- Recruit and build well-coordinated production and supply chain teams well integrated within Zespri’s Chinese and Global business.
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders including peers, growers, suppliers, consultants, industry groups and research providers to ensure highest level of commercial, political and scientific support for organisation’s research and commercial objectives.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have the following skills and attributes;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Horticulture/Agriculture or a similar field with strong experience in Management/Agribusiness at a Senior Management level.
- Proven experience in setting up Supply Chain for commercial fruit production is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels of the business whilst consistently upholding the organisation’s values and ethics.
- Sound management experience with the ability to plan projects well in advance, taking into account resources, deviations, deadlines and performance monitoring against milestones.
- Extremely results oriented with a strong focus on quality and meeting customer needs through service delivery.
- Exceptional leadership skills where you will lead a disparate and culturally diverse team across multiple functions, motivating and empowering individuals and teams through delegation, continuous development and coaching.
- Strategic ability to identify issues and opportunities and develop communications solutions that deliver on business goals and values.
- Intuitive and logical problem solving skills where you are able to make informed decisions.
- Self-motivated, resilient with a 'can do’ attitude and a high level of flexibility to adapt to change in circumstances.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel), fluency in both English and Chinese (written and spoken).
The key to your success will be your ability to utilise your impressive strategic, project management, communication and leadership skills and build strong networks/relationships with the key stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
This pivotal role within the organisation’s Chinese and Global Expansion Strategy will be awarded by an excellent remuneration package including a vehicle, accommodation allowance, an attractive incentive structure and assistance with relocation. Initially this role is projected to be a 3 year fixed term contract but there is also a flexibility to convert it into a permanent role.
To learn more about this outstanding opportunity apply today with a CV and Cover letter in ENGLISH and WORD format
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job