General Manager - Chemical Distribution - Speciality Chemical Distributor
Our Client is a multi sector speciality distributor of raw materials and chemicals to the UK Manufacturing Industry.
They are now seeking a General Manager. This position will be based near Leicester and is a full-time permanent role.
- To effectively run the site and achieve and maximise agreed budget
- The successful management of all areas of the business including sales, purchasing, stock control, operations, transport, human resources, health and safety, strategy and planning.
This is a senior level role, offering a high degree of autonomy and full P&L accountability, where you will be responsible for:
- Plan, agree, deliver and monitor targets, cash flow and budgets.
- Organise and control the effective supervision of all key activities on site against the targets set.
- Regularly report on results; agree and ensure remediable action where required.
- Appraise, train and develop staff both directly and through line managers.
- Ensure through the operations manager that the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times.
- Ensure that the site operates within the stated company quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure the regular monitoring and delivery of customer service targets.
Qualifications and Experience
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you should be a proven industry professional
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, Chemistry or related subjects
- Previous experience of managing a large team (ideally within the chemical industry) with responsibility for all aspects but not limited to operations, sales and logistics
- Ability to develop and maximize a profit driven centre
- Motivate and develop a team including succession planning
- Manage people through effective appraisals, training and discipline and grievance policies
- Ability to organize the day-to-day operation of the site
- Problem solve
- Prioritise, delegate and monitor
In return, our Client is offering a competitive basic salary plus benefits including Company Car, Private Healthcare and generous Bonus Scheme
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Chemical Distribution
- Operations Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'