Job Title: General Manager Catering - Airport Lounge
Location: Glasgow Airport - PA3 2ST
Salary: Up to £33,000 Depending on experience Plus Company Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Are you an experienced Catering General Manager looking to take your culinary career to the next level?
If so then we may well have the ideal opportunity for you at our prestige Airport Lounges based at Glasgow Airport!General Manager Job Purpose:To act as the primary representative for Sodexo and oversee the running and overall management of two executive business lounges at Glasgow Airport to ensure the team deliver both qualitive and quantitive results across both front and back of house, food safety, health and safety platforms.
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area and team by promoting Sodexo Strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values
- Motivate and lead two high performing lounge services team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality'
- Clearly understand the culture and business in order to deliver and further develop operational delivery.
- To ensure that business deadlines and targets are hit and costs managed correctly in line with P&L.
- takes responsibility when needed, acts with initiative, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm
- takes accountability and responsibility for delivering the required results
- maintains personal effectiveness in all situations
Planning and Organisation:
- prioritises workload effectively, plans in activities to meet the needs of others, is thorough and shows attention to detail, proactively plans use of time to minimise reactivity, maintains work life balance
Financial and Business Awareness:
- numerate, reviews own activities to ensure cost effectiveness, keeps up to date with business developments, uses company tools measure performance.
General Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Co-ordinate and direct all activities within the Glasgow airport operations. Including cateirng, cleaning, front and back of house teams.
- Manage the team to ensure all departments meet financial Quality and Performance Targets
- Be accountable for services end to end - customer service delivery, KPI indicators.
- Ensure that costs and expenditure are controlled in line with budget, utilising nominated suppliers and maximising labour productivity in line with the company's labour productivity models, policies and procedures.
- Attend a monthly financial review with the account manager and Account Director with regular SKYPE call to feedback on performance and operational updates across both sites.
- Continually seek ways to enhance quality through innovation and cost efficiency by monitoring performance against existing standards and ensure that standards across the site are in accordance with the Service Level Agreement in place with the onsite Client.
- Develop a motivated, respectful, trusted and stable team by giving them clear direction, sharing information and employee involvement - managing engagement levels and satisfaction outputs.
- Ensure the Unit has a Training Plan and that all Statutory and bespoke training is scheduled, carried out and recorded, liaising with other departments as necessary - oversee and monitor the completion of all mandatory on site and e-learning training.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the Unit payroll is administered correctly for establishment staff and casual workers in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Undertake Duty management and Operational shifts as required to support the business needs.
- Manage any complaints in a pro-active manner and implement actions plans to rectify where necessary.
- Team performance across the units and day to day compliance with both Sodexo and Glasgow Airport standards.
- Ensure the Unit complies with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations. Ensure that there is two way communications with Safegard and that any incidents or accidents are managed appropriately and effectively in conjunction with Safegard.
- Facilitate a high support, high challenge performance management culture that motivates an engaged workforce.
The ideal General Manager:Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent client relationship management
- Operational knowledge, skills and experience in a Hospitality, Restaurant,
- Experience of running Multi site operations
- Management of Profit and Loss Accounts and acting on their results
- Management of a team, proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both upwards and downwards, internally and externally
- Resilience to manage multiple tasks and prioritise importance
- Self-motivated and have an eye for detail
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today!
- General Manager
- Catering Manager
- Hospitality Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'