Live-in role - General Assistant for Boutique Hotel in Bristol
We are looking for a guest house assistant for our boutique accommodation of 11 bedrooms and to live in our luxury staff apartment in Clifton, Bristol, to work on a full time basis of an average of 45 hours per week with a salary of £17,000 (+ tips).
Each of our bedrooms are decorated and finished to a high standard and we are currently ranked as number one in Bristol on Trip Advisor. We are looking someone who will slot into our team and who is looking to work for an independent a boutique business and who will enjoy the apartment and surrounding area of Clifton. The staff accommodation consists of a large kitchen/diner and open plan living space with private balcony overlooking the whole of Bristol, a large double bedroom which opens out on to a private terrace/garden and ensuite bathroom.
As General Guest House Assistants your roles will include:
- Breakfast waitress/waiter
- Housekeeping to include an average of 3 rooms per day to be cleaned to an exceptionally high standard
- General maintenance
- Ordering stock, stock counts
- Night porter duties/evenings on call for out of hours emergency
- General reception to include answering calls, taking bookings, answering emails
- Checking in and checking out guests
- Serving drinks and cream teas to guests in our communal areas
- Providing drinks and taking care of business groups in meeting space
- Answering all guest queries
Benefits and key aspects of the role:
- Average of 38 hours per week (maximum of 45 hours per week)
- Average of 5 days a week on a flexible rota
- Luxury, self-contained, all expenses paid, private apartment.
- Working day starts from earliest of 7am finishing latest of 11pm but never on the same day
- Working hours after 9pm when on night porter duties taking the out of hours emergency phone until the morning to the apartment 3-4 nights per week.
- Tips divided equally and paid at the end of each month on top of salary
- Meals on duty (if breakfast shift worked)
- Responsible for 3 rooms per day on average + additional duties dependent on company needs
- Chatty and friendly team members, small friendly, happy team
- Experience preferred.
Start date - ASAP