Labourers are responsible for doing manual work requiring high physical fitness and strength to construct structures or buildings.
They perform physical and manual work including laying foundations, fitting windows, clearing sites, building walls, digging trenches, etc. They team up with other professionals such as architects, plumbers and electricians in order to construct houses including different building systems.
Labourers usually perform many of the following tasks:
- Ordering equipment for construction processes.
- Performing calculations.
- Digging trenches for drains.
- Layering concrete for foundations.
- Maintaining work records.
- Having awareness of safety and health issues.
- Being able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Being physically fit.
- Having practical skills.
- Being able to work at heights.
- Having knowledge of materials and building methods.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having good interpersonal abilities.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to use computerised equipment.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'