Amazing places like ours need a helping hand now and then. Welcoming a large number of visitors each year, they need expert care and attention. We’d like you to come and make sure we keep this special place clean, tidy and well-kept.
Please be advised that different contracted hours are available for these positions - more information regarding hours will be discussed at interview.
What it's like to work here
Houghton Mill has stood on the banks of the River Great Ouse for over 1,000 years. It’s a unique structure which needs our continued love and care. Impressive working 18th-century watermill is the last working watermill on the River Ouse in the village of Houghton. Follow this amazing survival story of a mill that was almost demolished, then saved by the local villagers and restored to working order to carry on the tradition of milling on this site for over 1,000 years.
What you'll be doing
As a General Cleaner, you'll go out of your way for others and you’ll help to make our property an extra special place to visit. You’ll turn your practical hand to all sorts of cleaning, ensuring all our campsite and visitor facilities are kept in good working order. You’ll ensure the highest standards of customer service across the property by always implementing a 'customer comes first’ attitude.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’, but an amazing experience that they’ll never forget, and we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need to:
- Have exceptional cleaning skills
- Be customer focused
- Have a pro-active, 'can-do’ attitude
- Be well organised and reliable
- Have great communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, hardworking and have a willingness to get involved
- Have a great eye for detail, always being thorough in your approach
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking