Job objectives and responsibilities
day shifts 0700-1900- pay rates £7.83
night shift 19.00-0700am - pay rates £8.67
4 on 4 off
- To work within the Soft Services Team, carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with
contractual requirements. to this role.
- To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- To have a full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning beat, including the agreed work
specification and time allocated to the beat.
- To maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant SLA’s,
carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within
the premises and to attend all necessary training to be enable to fulfil this requirement.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- To sign in and out daily using the Signing-In Book, this must be an accurate record of the operatives Contracted
hours and show the start time and finish time on a daily basis. In the event of a building being evacuated the
Signing-In Book will be used as a checklist and headcount.
- To be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste.
- To report any maintenance defects to the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To understand and observe MITIE PFI’s and Client site rules at all times.
- To ensure that a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained and to give particular attention to
hands/finger nails, hair care and general appearance. Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate
for the requirements of the role. Minimal jewellery to be worn for health and safety reasons (note - wedding
ring and studs earrings are acceptable).
• at service delivery, we must be
the best at everything
• We always ask ourselves, why do
I do it this way? How can I do this
better? What else can I do?
• Have fun and be passionate
about what you do
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and
methods of work.
- To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the
- To perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of
the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job