An opportunity has arisen and we are looking for an additional Catering Assistant to join our busy, energetic, hardworking and enthusiastic catering team. If you enjoy working in a fast moving environment and being part of a large team this could be the role for you.
Bellerbys College is based in a modern building in London. We are a well-established global company that prepares international students for university degree programmes, teaches high school education, and teaches English language courses. Study Group owns and operates colleges and also partners with more than 50 universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia
The Catering Assistant - Job Specification
- Serving on the hot counter throughout lunch and evening services
- Assisting with food preparation
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards
- Maintain excellent standards of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service
- Serving on the till
- Keeping the pot wash and kitchen area clean and tidy
- General cleaning duties
- Any other kitchen duties as required.
You’ll need to be friendly and approachable with a genuine love of people and good service. Good communication skills are a must as you will be conversing with a diverse range of international customers and providing information with regard to our food offer. You need to be a good team player and be methodical and organised. A basic food hygiene certificate would be an advantage
Would be self-motivated, versatile and have the ability to work your own initiative with little supervision. Be extremely customer focussed and have good communication skills.
- 40hr per week contract
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years plus 8 bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Commitment to training and development of staff
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. and the candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
- Food Industry
- International Students