General Assistant Job - Birmingham Airport
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for General Assistants on behalf of a well known company within Birmingham Airport to start in early March 2018.
As a General Assistant you will:
- You will play a vital role in ensuring that flights are fully catered and depart on time
- You will be responsible for handling, preparing and packing food to the standard set by each of the airlines we serve within a specified time.
- You must be flexible and have an enthusiastic approach to work
- You must be able to work as part of a team and able to work towards tight deadlines
- You must have basic numeracy and checking skills and able to pass some tests during the interview.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe workstation, working in a manner that promotes good health and safety practices, wearing any personal protective equipment provided.
- Be willing to undertake some manual handling/bending and reaching as part of your normal duties.
Contracts are up to 40 hours per week until the end of October 2018.
You must be flexible and able to work shift work on a rota basis. This will include a mixture of evening and weekend shifts.
Shift pattern - 6am till 2pm or 2pm till 10pm
Salary: £7.50 per hour
The Successful Candidate:
Right to work in the UK, VALID photo ID Passport/Driving Licence, Proof of NI.
Need to be able to provide a full five year reference history, a clean UK Criminal Record Check/ Overseas Criminal Record Check where applicable and will also need to undertake General Security Awareness Training before starting work.
Essential to drive and have own transport to and from Birmingham Airport
MUST NOT have any unspent criminal convictions
Over 18 years of age
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age