Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a General Accountant based in Ipswich on a 12 month FTC. As the General Accountant you will be ensuring that the accounting record are maintained. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure with senior stakeholders within the business as well as the wider finance function.
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly reporting packs
- Analysing the balance sheets and full Profit and Loss Account
- Assist in the production of annual and quarterly reporting
- Assist in the accounting for the Non-Life investment and property portfolios and taxation under various GAAPs.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Provide financial analysis and explanatory commentary of actual result performance against prior year, plans, and forecasts monthly.
- Assist in the production of the forecast and budget process for the investment return.
- Produce ad hoc financial information, interpretation, analysis and support to customers, thereby enabling an improved understanding of the information provided.
- Liaise with auditors to assist in external audits.
- Identify and implement improvements to production processes
The ideal candidate will hold a degree and/or a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have previous experience within the financial services industry.