Responsible for providing support to the Legal Department for the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection/privacy initiatives, as well as general legal matters within the company’s group if capacity permits
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and amending existing contracts and templates in order to ensure compliance with GDPR and potentially other data protection/privacy legislation worldwide.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating legal documentation, including internal policies, in relation to GDPR and other data protection/privacy legislation worldwide.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating a database of all GDPR and data protection/privacy activities.
- Liaising with Information Security Department and different business units within the company’s group.
General support to Legal Department:
- Providing general administrative and legal support on an "as needed" basis.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating legal documents, contracts and templates.
- Liaising with different capabilities and business units within the company’s group.
Qualification, experience and skills
- Paralegal to Newly Qualified Lawyer (UK or other EU jurisdiction).
- Good knowledge, experience and understanding of GDPR and Data protection/privacy.
- Experience in a law firm and/or in-house with international exposure.
- Excellent drafting skills with experience reviewing commercial contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of business partners.
- Ability to work both independently and within a close team in a busy international environment.
- Ability to handle pressure situations and manage a high volume of workload.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and adherence to deadlines skills.
- Pragmatic thinker with excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, good humour and team player.