Do you want to join a successful retail business and be part of a new and growing Data Protection and Governance team?
N Brown Group, a leading FTSE250 eCommerce retail business with over 150 years of history is seeking a GDPR / Data Protection Lead based in Manchester to join its expanding team. This role will report directly to the Protection and Governance Manager and will allow you the chance to work closely with Senior Leaders across all functions across the N Brown business. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of change management and lead on projects within a similarly sized business. Experience within a related area (Financial Services/ Compliance/ Audit) is highly desirable.
Best known by our 3 power brands, Simply Be, Jacamo and of course JD Williams, our vision is to become a leading digital retailer and to continue to expand our active customer base of over 7 million, becoming the universally loved experts in fashion that fit by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted and well-known family brands.
As the GDPR / Data Protection Lead your duties will be to:
- Work to make sure that the policies required as part of the Protection and Governance Framework are maintained, executed and complied with. You’ll also challenge the adequacy of the policies to make sure the business is legally compliant at all times.
- Work with the business and IT stakeholders to make sure that business processes, systems/applications and procedures are effectively meeting the current and future protection legislation.
- Provide support to the Business Owners to ensure that they comply with agreed processes and procedures.
- Act as the central point of contact for the N Brown Group to co-ordinate and report all breaches to the Protection Officer.
- Provide regular KPI / reporting to the Protection and Governance Manager.
To be a successful GDPR / Data Protection Lead you will have the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience of working in a compliance or auditing role is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PECR, Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Strong project management skills.
- A high standard of documentation and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The drive and determination to work within a new department and to work as a part of a team towards a common goal.
- Ability to co-ordinate people / teams that aren't direct reports.
In return, the Protection Lead will receive a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.