Chess ICT are currently seeking an experienced GDPR Consultant to join our growing team based in Alderley Edge, Cheshire. This is a field based role therefore applications can be UK wide and will report directly to the Head of Compliance, who is based primarily out of Alderley Edge. As a GDPR Consultant, you will guide, advise and implement new policies and procedures through gap analyses, data mapping and training to support our national customer base in becoming GDPR compliant. The GDPR Consultant will play a key part in making sure clients meet the 25 May 2018 deadline.
We welcome applications from GDPR Consultants or practitioners with various levels of experience who have the resilience to work alone most of the time, who are capable of serving a wide variety of clients across multiple sectors and locations, and especially those who can deliver both consultancy services and provide cross sell opportunities within the wider Chess ICT business.
We are committed to developing our people and encourage personal development, providing ongoing training and development for all our people throughout their careers with us.
"a GREAT place to work, a GREAT place to be a customer"
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud and Digital solution providers,helping over 100,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award winning service, we are extremely proud to have been placed #1 in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 9 consecutive years in the top 100.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in providing privacy advice or consultancy, either within a large organisation or to a variety of smaller organisations;
- Knowledge or experience of UK data protection laws;
- Experience of working in a compliance role, including compliance with privacy legislation;
- Experience in an internal or external consultancy role;
- A broad knowledge of information security, risk management and corporate governance;
- An ability to manage client relationships;
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation and project management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English; and
- Excellent computer literacy.
Other desirable experience or knowledge:
- Working with ISO 27001 and/or other ISO management systems standards.
- Other information-related frameworks, standards, codes and methodologies.
- Delivering classroom-based and online teaching.
- Auditing ISO standards-based management systems.
- Commercial relationship management.
Basic salary: Up to £35,000 basic p.a. dependent upon experience and reviewed on an annual basis.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme, Company Online Benefits - where you can save money on almost all of your lifestyle expenses from buying a car to eating out in a restaurant. In addition, all our sites provide fresh fruit and healthy breakfast options daily for all our people and we have wellbeing social clubs with the options to do things such as Yoga, Running, Tennis, Golf and much more.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
"Play Your Part"
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that "if you’re not growing, we’re not growing".
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.
- Gap Analysis
- Risk Management
- Data Protection Act
- Data Mapping