GC-MS Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Manager is responsible for optimising worldwide business growth for our client’s leading range of analytical instrumentation, specifically air monitoring.
Your primary objective will be to identify, quantify & prioritise target market opportunities across the relevant market sectors and to drive these opportunities direct to the marketplace through the relevant sales channels.
- Work alongside the Marketing, Product Development, & Sales teams to develop, continually evaluate and implement a strategy for driving sustainable business growth within the air monitoring market
- Expand and refine the company’s knowledge of the Air Monitoring market; its analytical needs, key influencers, regulatory developments etc.
- Actively participate in and co-ordinate the company’s strategic collaborations with influential committees in key standardisation organisations such as ASTM, ISO, EN, US EPA, China EPA, etc., making them aware of recent technical developments in the field & discerning new customer & application requirements in return
- Be the main point of contact within the company for influential government regulatory agencies within the US, Europe, China & other important geographies
- Identify and build relationships with key opinion leaders in the target geographies & sectors and support technical collaborations to improve, refine and evaluate the equipment / methods used
- Build relationships with the relevant sales & distribution channels, equipping & training them to support the market sector and monitoring their performance
- Monitor the market sector to evaluate customer needs; trends in customer activity / enquiries; and competitive activity/strengths/weaknesses
- Identify & prioritise new market opportunities for novel applications, methodology, and innovative products taking into account the company’s current business strengths, existing activities / priorities and the level of resource investment anticipated. Project manage related new product or application development processes where appropriate.
- Work with Marketing/Marcom colleagues to plan, produce, and deliver targeted marketing campaigns (globally or regionally as required) including initiating & contributing to: email campaigns; application & technical support materials; presentation materials for sales training; webinars, seminars, conferences; web & social media materials
- Monitoring business performance via sales numbers and market analysis. Together with other team members, monitor the company and competitor’s market share in the key market segments.
Skills & Experience Required:
- The successful candidate will thrive in a busy, multi-discipline environment and be able to prioritise a varied and dynamic workload across a number of projects. They will:
- Have a degree or higher degree in a physical science
- Have proven sales & business development skills preferably in an International environment
- Have an authoritative presence, be able to command the respect of highly influential and knowledgeable customers; experienced sales people & senior colleagues, to have experience of the regulatory & analytical environment that these key customers are working in.
- Must be fluent in spoken & written English but fluency in a second language (Chinese; Spanish; German; other European language) would be an advantageous
- Be articulate in both written and verbal communications
- Experience of presenting at International Scientific Symposia would be beneficial
- Be proactive and a team player
- Extensive hands-on experience of complex GC-MS laboratory work would be a major advantage
- Experience of participation in international standardisation work would be a major advantage
- Analytical Instruments
- Business Development
- Commercial Awareness
- Gas Chromatography
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"