GC-MS Analytical Chemist
£18000 - £20,000 plus benefits
My client is an established analytical testing company that provides a high level testing service for a range of industries. They are now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic analytical chemist with GC-MS experience to join their well-equipped ISO 17025 testing laboratory in a brand new team.
This job is for a chemistry graduate with industrial analytical experience of GC-MS looking to progress their hands on instrumental analytical equipment skills. A lab based position, you will be responsible for routine and non-routine analysis of a variety of samples by organics instrumental analysis, predominantly GC-MS triple quad for environmental testing in a brand new team. You will be also be supporting the technical development team during quieter periods.
Key responsibilities include:
- To analyse a variety of samples by GC-MS.
- To assist in, where requested, the technical development of instrument capabilities.
- To interpret results and write/check/authorise technical reports prior to dispatch to the customers.
- To assist in, where requested, technical discussions with clients, undertaking client audit problem solving as required.
- To assist in, where requested, the maintenance of UKAS, MCERTS and other QA requirements.
- To maintain laboratory equipment and safe working procedures
- You should be educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry or similar
- It is essential for you to have hands on instrumental analysis experience with GC-MS.
- You should be technically minded and enjoy working with the equipment.
For information on this and other similar jobs, please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection
- Environmetal Testing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job