Do you like providing excellent customer service ? Do you like working with members of the public ?
If so we would love to hear from you.
Our client is looking for a Gate Person to work on site at their premises in Carmarthen.
Main Duties include-
Key responsibilities will be to manage the authorised use of car parks in administrative buildings and to prevent unauthorised parking of vehicles. Supporting the Estates Assistants/Caretakers with property matters and liaising with Staff, members, service users and visitors.
- Be present at the main entrance and to allow authorised persons to park in their allocated parking spaces.
- Prevent unauthorised parking by implementing the current parking procedure in place for members, staff and visitors.
- Monitor the visitor parking requests each day and direct visitor's cars to the appropriate parking space. Be aware of events that would affect the availability of parking spaces. Where possible allow bono fide visitors to the site to park if there is a vacant space available.
- Direct visitors to the correct entrance for reception.
- Operate the traffic barrier when it is in use to prevent unrestricted access to the car park.
- Open and close the height restriction barrier when required.
- Periodically patrol the car park and the curtilage of the buildings and keep them clean and tidy and when necessary pick up litter and dispose of appropriately. Waste is to be disposed of in line with the Authorities current waste disposal and recycling principles.
- Report any defects observed to the roadways, foot paths external lighting or to the bollards and barriers to the estates assistant/caretaker on duty.
- Assist the caretakers, if necessary, in the execution of their duties with regard to managing the external part of the site, by directing traffic or cordoning off areas with cones and bunting.
- During periods of snow and ice, assist the estates assistant/caretaker on duty, if needed, to spread grit and clear paths and footways of snow and ice using manual and mechanical equipment.
- If the on duty estates assistant/caretaker is unavailable, take delivery of materials delivered to the premises and where applicable to arrange the distribution and storage where necessary.
- Keep the gate person's kiosk clean and tidy at all times.
- Be courteous when dealing visitors and others wishing to park on site. In the event that refusal to park is received with ill grace, remain calm and polite during the encounter. Report any such encounter to the estates assistant/caretaker on duty to be forwarded to the Estates Manager.
- During fire alarm activation and any building evacuation, remain at the main entrance and turn away any vehicle trying to enter the site, with the exception of the fire and other emergency services. Ensure that any barriers that would restrict entry for the fire appliances etc. are open. Keep the access road clear of people by directing them to the pedestrian walkways or other safe routes to assembly points.
Benefits - On site parking
Access to internal jobs.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'