As a Heating Engineer Installer/Plumber your primary responsibility will be:
(Heating Engineer - Primary)
- To carry out a full gas central Heating installation including full fitting programmes of boilers, radiators and all ancillary components.
- To be competent in fault finding and rectification on varied heating systems.
- To be competent in identifying unsafe gas situations and dealing in accordance with Gas Safe procedures.
- To carry out a range of groundworks where soakaways for boilers are required as part of the heating installation.
- Carry out landlord gas safety inspections and Part P electrical and complete certifications as required ensuring certifications are completed within strict timescales.
- To carry out maintenance and repairs to communal and district heating systems in properties throughout the borough.
(Plumbers - Primary)
- To perform all the duties associated with a fully qualified plumber including the necessary statutory qualifications to carry out work on gas appliances.
- To be able to install and repair a full range of plumbing systems and undertake general plumbing work to a high level of proficiency.
- To carry out a range of plumbing works including installing sinks and associated items to kitchens, bathrooms and toilets. This includes identifying alternate pipe-runs on complex schemes such as in high-rise tower blocks and sheltered housing.
- To clear blockages, repair leaks and make repairs to piping works.
- The ability to interpret work specifications and working plans and complete works to a high specification quality standard.
- To have the ability to plan each job and ensure the required materials are available to ensure the programme of works is completed to schedule.
- Undertake a range of associated works including core-drilling, lifting/laying floors, chasing masonry, patch plastering, boxing in and emergency heating as required.
- Full understanding of Asbestos awareness procedures and to follow the Contract Teams asbestos survey procedure.
- Carry out surveying if required.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources through effective ordering and use of materials, minimising waste and recycling wherever safe and possible. This includes the safe-keeping and transport of materials and for checking undamaged materials on site.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and use of specialist equipment such as power tools and cutting equipment. This includes hiring of specialist equipment including high-value tools as required.
- Responsible for accurate completion of work sheets that inform invoices for the client on costs payable for works completed.
- Responsible for a company vehicle/own vehicle that transports tools. This includes regular vehicle checks on company vans and services and maintenance of own vehicles used for work.
- The ability to plan ahead of each job, to inspect works and ensure the required materials and tools are available to enable works to be completed to programme timescales.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork/electronic updates including timesheets within agreed timescales.
- To display a high level of customer care when dealing with enquiries from tenants and leaseholders and contribute positively towards a high quality customer focused service.
- To ensure tenant and leasehold homes are left in a safe and tidy manner at the end of each day. This includes ensuring essential utilities/facilities are maintained.
- To ensure all tools and materials and any associated debris are removed from sites following repairs and homes and communal areas left in a clean and tidy state.
- To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times by working within the councils Health and Safety policy and procedures associated with repair works.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation in regards to health & safety and to understand the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement procedures.
- To work within a CDM controlled/monitored site.
- To be responsible for managing an impress stock and ensuring materials required for daily runs of works are collected in advance to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Understand all PPE and the specific uses of equipment.
- To have a good understanding and be trained in Manual Handling.
- As required, to work in work streams within other sections of the Contracts Team. This includes working to competing deadlines, moving jobs at short notice.
- Ability to undertake basic minor works outside of specific trade specialisms and undertake other duties that support the business needs e.g. secondary and tertiary skills in other trades.
- Have the ability to work alone and in pairs and be able to use own initiative with minimum supervision.
- To maintain the cleanliness of vehicles and ensure tools provided are checked regularly to ensure they remain safe and fit for purpose.
- Must have a good level of numeracy and literacy to complete a range of forms and reports as required.
- To be able to drive and have a full driving licence and the use of a car/van where necessary.
- 2 years' experience as a Qualified Gas Engineer
- ACS qualifications CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, WAT1, CKR1 CPA1.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating or equivalent
Apprenticeship in Gas/Plumbing
Part P define scope
- Experience of heating system wiring
Unvented Domestic Hot water systems
- General Health & Safety
- PASMA & IPAF
- CDM regulations
- Use of PPE
- Working with Asbestos
- Working in a customer focused organisation
- CKR1 CPA1
- PASMA & IPAF
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job