Gas Exposure Manager
Based: Redhill, Surrey
12 Months Contract
A fantastic opportunity with Kelly Services has arisen for an experienced Gas Exposure Manager, to join a highly recognisable and reputable Energy client based in Surrey.
The role remit of a Gas Exposure Manager;
The Gas Exposure Manager will work as a leader of a centralised team that produce and analyse various data relating to Customer and Procurement activity as well as reporting and monitoring the exposure position. They will manage, coach and develop the team consisting of 3 Exposure Analysts who will report the key input portfolio procurement decisions and therefore have the capacity to significantly impact profitability. Through accurate forecasting reporting and analysis of risk the post-holder will aid procurement decision-making and help reduce balancing costs.
The Teams responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
LT Demand Forecasting & Exposure Reporting
- Daily production and validation of reports ensuring these comply with Sarbanes Oxley & internal audit requirements for the Gas portfolio.
- Development of long term demand forecasting methodologies for the European Gas portfolios. Ensuring that models/processes used are accurate and facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Monitoring LT forecast error, reporting on forecast performance and performing analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies in order to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Where necessary introducing and regularly reviewing factors applied to LT forecasts which accurately incorporate the future economic outlook and energy efficiency assumptions.
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Trading within the position.
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Customers / Consultants within the position, ensuring trade splits are entered where necessary.
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks.
- Establishing a relationship with IT, raising faults or suggesting improvements to systems which will enhance the team’s reporting.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and manage the implementation of new data management systems where necessary.
Management Information Reporting
- Evaluating and explaining movement in exposure Profit & Loss
- Analysing the forward hedging / buying performance
Communication & Service & Teamwork
- Ensuring that each of the Marketing entities communicate data required to the Gas Operations team to enable smooth running of the day to day activities, flagging up data and process issues when necessary
- Build relationships with the local entity points of contact
- Answer queries in a timely manner, ensuring that as a member of the central team a high level of service is always delivered
- When required supporting the Gas Forecasting sub-team in their day to day activities.
- Previous commercial experience within the Gas industry
- Previous management experience - Desired
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access
- Knowledge of SQL - Essential
If you feel that you have the required skills and are keen to learn more about this role, then please show your interest by clicking Apply Here.