Gas Engineer - Service/Breakdown
Full Time – Permanent - £36,358 + Van + Fuel Card
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer-focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Gas Engineer to join our Mears Living division.
You will be responsible for looking after Nottingham and surrounding areas.
Who are we?
We provide Housing Management services right across the UK. We work in partnership with Central and Local Government, registered providers, tenants, landlords and investors to find solutions to homelessness, provide more social and affordable housing and create specialist housing for people with care needs.
At Mears Living, we work with more than 50 Local Authority partners and manage around 6,000 properties across the UK.
We are trusted to provide homes for some of the most vulnerable people in the UK on behalf of our partners and through our own landlord business and registered providers – Plexus and Omega Housing.
What we are looking for:
Over the past 12 months we have created our own "in house" repairs and maintenance team who work across the UK to provide a first-class service to our customers. We are now expanding this team further and looking to hire a skilled Gas Engineer to look after Nottingham and the surrounding areas.
A positive contribution towards the communities that we serve is something that we always adhere to. It is with the help of our dedicated employees that we’re able to make this happen. Our main focus is to build and improve homes within local communities to better the lives of others, all while maintaining our approach towards the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers and families within the wider community.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing central heating boilers and other heat producing appliances relevant to the contract as well as maintaining and repairing the ancillary equipment associated with central heating installations such as pumps, tanks, valves and water pipework.
With appropriate experience of working in the Gas Industry in relation to the installation and maintenance of gas appliances, you will be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the safety procedures required to carry out the work and will also have the ability to understand and interpret work instructions, drawings and work in line with our current standards.
What you need to have:
- Qualified to City and Guilds/ Gas Service Engineer standard and hold appropriate ACS certification
- Good understanding of current legislation, building control requirements and governing body requirements
- Ideally previous domestic, social housing experience
- Extensive “on the job” experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £36,358 per annum
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'