Gas Distribution Assistant (NCO1)
Salary: 19.1K - 21.2K (Depending on location, skills and qualifications)
Closing date: 9th March 2018
Location: Oxford Depot
What we are looking for
We are recruiting for a Gas Operative (NC01) at our Oxford Depot, reporting to the Operational Team Manager. Suitable applicants must live within easy access of Oxford and Milton Keynes areas.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a Gas Distribution Assistant do?
- Gas service and mains replacement activities.
- Responding to Public Reported Gas Emergency situations
- Participate in a published out of core hours Emergency call out rota
- Undertaking physically demanding work involving digging in the public/private highways laying and replacing gas pipes.
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team.
- Customer satisfaction & engagement skills
- Using computer field systems and achieving high standards of safety and technical competence.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A flexible approach to work, and willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
- Friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public.
- Willingness to work variable hours and be flexible, you may be placed on a standby rota. NCO1 accreditation is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
A full and valid driving licence is essential.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
- Flexible Approach