A leading Ladies Wear Soft Woven and jersey supplier to the high street is looking for a Garment Technologist join their team.
·Coordinates a wide variety of technical and quality work on garments to enable smooth fitting and sealing process
·Advise on correct methods of construction, sizing and quality for the designated client to the pattern cutters, machinists and factories
·Oversee the making of fit and seal samples, in the UK and off shore workroom, to ensure correct fit and quality to the designated customer standards
·Measure, check samples in preparation for fit sessions
·Attend fit sessions and/or submit for the customer to fit, and to relay fit information back to the alterations team.
·Monitoring sealing and pre-production process, keeping in view all critical dates
·Responsible for completing and approving final specs - including correlating pattern, fabric and garment measurements
·Able to solve production make issues with the factoryProduce clear and concise production comments
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4/5 years' experience working as a Garment Tech.Working within a similar supplier environment.
You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. You will have a excellent knowledge of garment construction and how to make patterns production friendly. You will thrive on working in a busy environment and are used to working at pace and enjoy building relationships with customers and working as a team.
- Understanding of pattern cutting
- Knowledge of production methods of make, and machinery
- Solid understanding of the individual customer requirements and standards
- Understanding of garment timing
- Complete understanding of the fit and seal sample process, including pre-production and production pack approval.
- Good understanding of the company structure in the UK and Romania
- Complete understanding of the technical team structure
- Good IT skills, outlook, excel and Fast react
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and interpersonal.
- Good planner
- Communication Skills
- System Administration
- Garment Manufacturing
- Critical Path management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job