Our client based in Brookwood are seeking a gardener to join them from the 19th March, on an ongoing basis for at least a couple of months. Possibly longer.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking practical horticultural maintenance, renovation work and caretaking duties. This includes mowing, edging, hedge cutting, weeding, pruning and pesticide application.
- Renovation work and upkeep of headstones
- Reporting any damage or changes to relevant staff.
- Familiar with, and competent in undertaking a number of routine administrative duties. This includes the use of IT, smart phones and tablet based technology.
- NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture or equivalent is desirable
- A good level of computer literacy or the ability to learn quickly
- Practical experience of horticultural/gardening work
- Good craft gardening skills
- Ability to work alone and using their initiative, as well part of a team
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Decision making skills and the ability to use own initiative, to resolve issues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An alignment and adherence to the Commission’s Values: RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM and COMMITMENT
- Health and Safety responsibility for self
Monday to Thursday 0800 to 1230 hours
1300 to 1630 hours
Friday finish 0800 to 1230 hours
1300 to 1430 hours
£9.64ph + Holiday
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for work for the next few months. Please apply now to be considered for this opportunity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job