Our client based in Brookwood are seeking a gardener to join them from the 19th March, on an ongoing basis for at least a couple of months. Possibly longer.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking practical horticultural maintenance, renovation work and caretaking duties. This includes mowing, edging, hedge cutting, weeding, pruning and pesticide application.
- Renovation work and upkeep of headstones
- Reporting any damage or changes to relevant staff.
- Familiar with, and competent in undertaking a number of routine administrative duties. This includes the use of IT, smart phones and tablet based technology.
- NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture or equivalent is desirable
- A good level of computer literacy or the ability to learn quickly
- Practical experience of horticultural/gardening work
- Good craft gardening skills
- Ability to work alone and using their initiative, as well part of a team
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Decision making skills and the ability to use own initiative, to resolve issues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An alignment and adherence to the Commission’s Values: RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM and COMMITMENT
- Health and Safety responsibility for self
Monday to Thursday 0800 to 1230 hours
1300 to 1630 hours
Friday finish 0800 to 1230 hours
1300 to 1430 hours
£9.64ph + Holiday
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for work for the next few months. Please apply now to be considered for this opportunity