Gardener - Volunteer
Volunteer - Gardner
Why we need you?
We are looking for volunteers to help provide a regular gardening club for our residents and to assist our Gardener to maintain the gardens at our care home.
What skills do you need?
- A positive enthusiastic person who has a passion for gardening
- Able to offer and implement new ideas for gardening activities to engage our residents
- A caring and compassionate nature that is adaptable to individual need
- A friendly, sociable, patient and caring manner
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Able to emphasise and build relationships with residents and visitors
- Offer wider social contact for our residents
What will you be doing?
- To team up with our Gardener to maintain the gardens at our care home including weeding and preparing for, planting, maintenance plus safe use of tools and equipment and providing guidance to our residents
- Work is of a practical hands-on nature running a range of garden projects, including seasonal planting and future development of the gardens
- Prepare gardens for Hallmark's annual competition 'Hallmark in Bloom'
Time commitments will be discussed and agreed; a regular time commitment is preferred. Volunteers must be 16 years old and over and need to apply for a DBS disclosure
What benefits do you gain?
- Opportunity to build self confidence and work on gardening projects
- Motivation and self achievement boost your career options
- Participation in our training and development programme
- New experience and meeting a diverse range of people
- Free DBS Disclosure
- Paid travel expenses/light lunch
- Enriching our residents’ day to day experiences
- Making a difference in your local community
- Increase your circle of friends
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'