Our client, one of the countries premier luxury hotels, is currently seeking a gardener to join their already established team to ensure the upkeep of all outside gardens and area's within the property reporting directly to the Head of Gardens. Due to it's location candidates must have their own transport, the property is not serviced by public transport.
Purpose and scope of role
-To provide efficient, high quality, and skilled hands on maintenance of the hotel gardens and grounds, and to maximise guest enjoyment by maintaining excellent standards of presentation of the gardens.
- Seasonal day-to-day maintenance of the hotel gardens including a terraced area, rose garden, sunken garden, cottage garden, croquet lawn, lake, woodland, lawns and wild flower meadow
- Maintenance of the Polo centre and staff accommodation
- Grass cutting and turf maintenance, Hedge cutting, Use of garden machinery as necessary including mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers and other machinery
- To take on specific areas of responsibility within the garden
Health & Safety
- Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
- Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
The ideal candidate will have:NCH (National Certificate in Horticulture) or ND (National Diploma) - NPTC spraying certificates PA1, PA6.Seasonal garden maintenance, including hedge cutting and turf maintenance. - Working in public gardensGood plant identification knowledge - Good cultural knowledge of trees, shrubs, bulbs, vegetables, herbaceous and annual plants.Be competent using garden machinery - High standards of presentationApproachable & friendly - Ability to communicate easily and efficiently with team members and guests.
- Garden Design