Garden Machinery Mechanic
We are seeking a friendly and well-organised Garden Machinery Mechanic to join our client, a well-established, family-run business in Thetford. This is a full time, permanent position working from 8am - 5:15pm Monday to Friday. The role would suit a 'people person’ with good hands-on mechanical skills and a willingness to learn and work as part of a busy, successful team.
Our client’s Machinery Department has been selling, servicing and repairing garden machinery for over 35 years and stocks well-known quality brands such as Stiga, Mountfield and Husqvarna. They have a dedicated sales department for garden machinery on their shop floor, as well as a small but very well-cared for Workshop with all of the tools needed to complete the job.
This position involves working as the sole Garden Machinery Mechanic in the team, but for those with no experience of garden machinery there will be specific training given for each of the brands stocked. There will also be the need to work as part of the shop floor team, assisting customers and colleagues on the shop floor with both general and technical queries.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Repairing and servicing garden machinery such as ride-on lawn mowers, push mowers, strimmer’s, chainsaws etc. working to deadlines
- Assist customers within the department, offering a high level of customer service
- Place orders for parts as and when required, ensuring the stores are kept in neat and tidy shape
- Deliver and collect machinery from customer’s premises, sometimes carrying out warranty work at the customer’s premises
- Carrying out pre-delivery inspection on all new machines
- Maintain the workshop and tools/equipment, ensuring good clean condition, and a safe, efficient and well-organised environment
- Attending training courses on different machinery to develop product knowledge
- Work as part of a friendly, organised team at all times and both individually and together, strive to always offer an excellent level of customer service
To be considered for this great opportunity with an outstanding local employer, who have high retention rates of staff and a very friendly 'family-feel’ you will need to have the following skills and experiences:
- A background in mechanical engineering. Experience with garden machinery isn’t necessary, however a willingness to learn is!
- Ideally, some kind of mechanical qualification, or relevant experience
- An organised approach to your work, and a pride in keeping your workspace tidy
- A friendly nature, able to help both colleagues and customers and offer a great standard of service at all times
- Ideally a UK driving licence, however this is not essential
Although this position is working from 8:00am - 5:15pm Monday to Friday, there will be the odd occasions where you may be asked to work some weekends to cover during holidays, busy periods etc. so please bear this in mind before you apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV today!
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Customer Service
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'