In a nutshell, our client arranges and delivers amazing volunteer travel for young people throughout South America, South East Asia and East Africa. Their business not only allows them to provide life changing experiences to their volunteers, but the positive impact they make on the communities and environment means the more successful they are, the greater the positive impact on the planet.
You are responsible for arranging gap-year volunteer experiences for 18-30 year olds. You will respond to incoming enquiries via our website and work towards monthly sales targets. A natural and personable telephone manner is essential for this role and a passion for travel is a great advantage.
In addition to closing new business, you will be responsible for maintaining your client base and ensuring a high standard of post sales care. Good organisation skills are key.
There will also be opportunities to attend Gap/Careers fairs and sixth form presentations. In-house presentation training will be given, but experience in public speaking will be of great benefit.
The 'ideal’ Candidate
- Proven sales experience (ideally in the travel sector)
- Results orientated
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Presentation experience
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with young people and adults
- Meticulous administrative skills, time management and attention to detail
- Experience of office administration procedures and basic marketing principles
- Superb written and oral communication and presentation skills
- IT proficient: especially Microsoft Office and databases
- Ability to work with limited supervision, and to be a proactive member of the team
- Commitment to our company ethos, our projects and successful sales
- Ability to motivate others and work well as part of the team
- Cheerful, lively, and energetic disposition
- Dedicated, adaptable, positive outlook
- Full driving license
Core Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday although some flexibility is required during peak season. Salary is £17,000 per annum plus bonus so realistic OTE of £24,000 per annum
- Telephone Manner