Immmediate opening for a Payments Manager who will be in charge of looking after the day to day FX Payments for a small FX Brokerage with immediate growth plans - therefore this role will quickly become an Operations / Finance Manager role for the RIGHT candidate.
Our clients strategy is built on outstanding systems and process development, and their core day by day operations are highly automated and consistently effective. They believe their trading system to be a quality leader in the industry. They place a high priority on the continued refinement of their administrative and trading processes, both in order to mitigate risk, and to increase their productivity as a team.
It has been their strategy to build a core group of strong long-term employees who can grow and develop with the company. As a key member of the back office team you would play a part in this development, and can expect to contribute to the direction and quality of the firm in your areas of expertise. There is great satisfaction making a distinctive contribution to a successful high quality organisation.
Knowledge of SWIFT, FASTER payments, BACS/CHAPS and Euro clearing ideal
- Handle Remittance Reconciliations
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing remittances are processed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Handling queries and complaints originating from customers and other banks in the process chain to manager
- Corresponding with different Banking partners through email, telephone and SWIFT?General archiving and record keeping of client information
- Coordinate with compliance unit on issues relating to handling payments blocked in Payment Screening System
- Inputting multicurrency payments via banking software
- Support the Operations Department with adhoc duties as and when required and as allocated by Senior Managers
Skills / Attributes Required
- 12-48 months experience within Banking, Finance department or FX Industry
- Knowledge of SWIFT message types (Highly Desirable).
- Working knowledge of FX, BACS, Faster Payments and Euro Clearing.
- Some experience within a Remittance Department and some understanding of back-office Banking Operations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- An able team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure.
- Accurate organized individual, flexible and happy to undertake any work in support of the team members and thus the client.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required
- Bank Reconciliations
- SWIFT payments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"