Our client, a leading furniture warranty specialist, is looking to expand their team in the Derby area and recruit a Furniture Service Technician on a contract basis. As a Furniture Service Technician you will be required to travel to customer homes and carry out professional repairs on a variety of household furniture such as 3-piece suites, armchairs and cabinets. Therefore, we are looking for an individual with at least 3 years’ experience in upholstery and furniture repair - CVs without relevant time-served experience in similar roles will not be considered.
A van, fuel card, specialist tool kit and PDA will be provided to fulfil the role. You must, however, supply your own standard tool kit and mobile phone.
If successful, you will be required to complete a 2 week residential course at the client’s head office, where you will be introduced to the company’s processes and procedures.
- Inspect and repair both upholstered and leather sofas & chairs
- Inspect and repair cabinets, wooden furniture and bed frames
- Update PDA in a timely fashion
- Achieve care kit sales targets
- Achieve monthly productivity targets
- Cleanliness of company van
- Efficient use of parts and materials
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skilled at inspecting and repairing furniture from a variety of brands
- Proficient time management skills
- Quality focused, with great attention to detail
- This is a contract position therefore the number of hours worked may vary from week to week
- Starting salary dependant on skillset and experience
- All technicians will receive a salary review after 12 weeks
If you're interested in this Furniture Service Technician position, please apply now.
- Customer Service
- Furniture Repair
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'