My client is a rapidly growing internet retailer. They work with large brands to process and refurbish product returns, before reselling them for the highest achievable price, providing our clients with a sustainable, market leading solution.
Due to growth my client is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and organised individual for the role of Furniture Refurbishment Engineer. The ideal applicant will have a history and passion for furniture refurbishment in an engineering capacity with a good working knowledge of woodworking, upholstery, and general repairs to various product that is destined for resale.
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and restoration to all styles of upholstered leather and fabric furniture as well as fully constructed wood, flat pack, dining, and bedroom furniture
- Maintain inventory and stock records, ordering supplies required to perform daily refurbishment tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved
- Control of BER, grading and refurbishment rates
- Manage all inbound and outbound stock movements
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a furniture-based industry
- Ability to work with wood furniture, leather, fabric, upholstery, and associated tools
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within a furniture refurbishment centre, able to display an aptitude for Carpentry/Joinery, Self-assembly and Upholstery
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents, and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural, internal frame, spring, button and sewing repairs
- Knowledge of grading refreshed furniture for resale
- Manual handling skills
- Managerial experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft - Word - Excel - Outlook
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration preferred
In return an excellent salary is offered for this role including progression and development for the right person.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'