This company has been producing bespoke furniture and specialist finishes for many years for the high-end London and international markets working for leading interior designers, architects and private clients. They currently have two requirements:
1. Furniture Design Technician with excellent technical knowledge of furniture construction to produce accurate working drawings using VectorWorks and the concept design drawings to be used in the sales process.
2. Senior Furniture Designer who will be supervising the design team and also producing working drawings using VectorWorks and the concept design drawings. The SFD will have responsibility for coordinating makers and subcontractors to ensure timely production of bespoke items.
Persons / Experience Required:
- Knowledge and experience of VectorWorks or similar CAD program
- Knowledge of furniture manufacturing techniques and materials
- Site installation experience is desirable as well as practical cabinet-making or bench skills
- Good hand-sketching ability would also be desirable
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with multiple projects
- Strong analytical, budget awareness and problem solving skills
Salaries: Furniture Design Technician - £23k to £29k, Senior Furniture Designer - £30k to £38k.