Known for creative design and pioneering craftsmanship, this company combines traditional hand skills with advanced materials and technology to create award-winning furniture for yachts and houses of ultra-high net worth individuals, throughout the world.
This ambitious company is growing to meet the worldwide demand for its luxury furniture. With state of the art in-house production facilities and a creative and technical studio they are seeking three additional Furniture Technicians.
The successful candidates will take inspiring design concepts and using CAD software turn the designs into a set of engineering drawings for in-house manufacture including CNC, laser work, hand making, leatherwork and finishing as well as outsourced parts made by external sub-contractors. You will also be preparing a bill of materials to be sourced and ordered by purchasing. In addition, the engineers will support the project manager and be able answer any technical questions in relation to the construction of manufacture of the design by manufacturing teams.
Person / Experience Required:
- Excellent knowledge of bespoke furniture making and construction
- At least 4 years' cabinet making experience at a luxury level
- Fluency in 2D CAD software with Rhino an advantage for 3D
- Ability to plan and schedule your own work to meet the team's goals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to work to budgets for completion of engineering drawings
- Ability to travel and be competent at note taking for taking on-site measurements.
- Ability to use MS Office competently
- Can demonstrate commitment, attention to detail and immediate follow-up
- project management
- furniture design