Funeral Service Operative
Hourly Rate: £8.46 - £10.57
Part time:10 hours per week
Joining the UK's leading funeral provider as a Funeral Service Operative, you'll perform a really varied role, taking responsibility for the deceased whilst they're in our care, and demonstrating real commitment and attention to detail as an essential member of our Funeralcare team. Helping people when they're at their most vulnerable is a real privilege. If you believe this as strongly as we do, we'll train you to become qualified in Funeral Operations and Services and support your career development.
What you'll do
* Collect the deceased from a wide range of scenarios, including sometimes difficult locations and circumstances, and bring them to rest at our funeral home
* Help to dress and prepare the deceased (from the very young, to the very old) for their funeral, behaving always with the utmost dignity and respect
* Check everything is as perfect as it can be before each ceremony for the deceased and their families
* Drive our vehicles with pride and maintain our fleet to the highest possible standards
* Play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Funeralcare
Working in Funeralcare can be quite a balancing act. On the one hand, it's tough. On the other it's incredibly rewarding. Providing practical, hands-on care for the deceased of all ages and circumstances calls for high levels of understanding, empathy and compassion. Working alongside the deceased and their grieving relatives at times of high emotion and pressure isn't for everyone. It takes a cool head and a warm heart, so please think carefully before you apply.
What you'll bring
* A practical can-do attitude combined with a caring nature and emotional maturity
* Physical fitness - you'll be lifting coffins and carrying the deceased in a variety of environments and situations
* The focus and attention to accurately carry out detailed instructions and complete tasks to agreed timescales
* The ability to work alone and the flexibility to be part of an 'up to 24 hours on-call' team
* A full driving licence
* An appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that's never been more important or relevant than it is today.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from all people. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We want to change the world all over again. And we know that to achieve our goal, we need to recruit teams that reflect the communities we serve. We're committed to equal opportunities, and we're re-discovering the pioneering spirit on which a British institution was built. If you believe in our purpose, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.
Thanks for your interest in the role, if you have decided to apply then we will be in touch with you on or after the closing date so please bear with us during this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job