Our funeral services play an important role in local communities, extending beyond the immediate needs of arranging funeral services, and supporting the bereaved at a very emotional time in their life.
As a Funeral Coordinator, you’ll support families at this difficult time and make them feel comfortable, whilst understanding their needs when organising a personal and unique tribute. If you take pride in what you do, and are passionate about helping people, we’ll support you in your career development and train you to become qualified in funeral operations and services.
- Welcome our clients, making them feel at ease, whilst guiding them through the process
- When a family wishes to visit their loved one in the chapel of rest, you’ll make sure that the experience is a respectful and truly memorable one
- You’ll be sensitive to the families' needs and provide them with a confidential and discreet service
- Look after the deceased in our care, from helping doctors with certification to checking the deceased’s personal effects
- Accurately process funeral arrangements, completing all important and relevant paperwork
- Support our local communities, building strong relationships, whilst acting as a trusted ambassador for our funeral care services
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Highly organised with good administrative and coordination skills
- Accurate and high attention to detail
- IT literate and a competent user of MS Office
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Empathetic with a caring nature
- Proactive and able to plan your time in both busy and quiet periods
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Able to work your hours flexibly, including providing cover for holidays, sickness and busy periods
It’s a big responsibility when arranging funeral services, and one that should never be treated lightly. It’s tough, and calls for a high level of understanding, empathy and compassion. That said, this is a truly rewarding role and our team are extremely passionate about providing quality and the best service for our families.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job