Job Title: Funeral Assistant
Reports to: Area Manager
Location: Ginns and Gutteridge Funeral Directors (Leicester)
Hours: 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday - 9am to 1pm)
Salary: £8,538.40 per annum
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 46 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of particular difficulty. We are currently undertaking a transformation programme to ensure we continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
We offer a range of benefits to our colleagues as well as opportunity for growth and career development. Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass see details below.
What to expect
We are currently seeking two new colleagues to continue to promote our exceptional client delivery.
Specific responsibilities will vary, but will include:
- Ensuring consistent delivery of the highest levels of client service by creating a welcoming, safe and caring atmosphere
- Responsible for client appointment booking for the Funeral Manager and Funeral Director as required, to ensure excellent service
- Responsible for cash handling, ensuring that company procedures are followed, and that cash is recorded and deposited in accordance with defined processes
- Assisting with arranging funerals according to Company guidelines ensuring that the full range of services and products are offered, thereby addressing the needs of the client
- Maintaining excellent service to clients who telephone or call at the designated office
- Responsible for ensuring that marketing literature and display products are kept up to date and replenished
- Ensuring availability for clients to visit the deceased during office hours and out of hours by arrangement to company standards and guidelines
- Undertaking all funeral related administration duties e.g. funeral arrangement forms, application for cremation papers etc., to ensure efficiency
- Facilitates viewings and works with service delivery colleagues to ensure that loved ones are well presented and ready for their families in good time
- Responsible for pre-need plan sales and associated administration to enable timely processing by other departments, including the positive promotion and professional coordination of all branch/community engagement activities
What you’ll need
We are seeking individuals who have the customer at the heart of everything they do, being able to provide an excellent customer experience throughout the process of arranging a funeral.
It is essential to have previous administrative and IT skills as well as attention to detail, this will be vital to carry out the role. If you have excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team and excellent interpersonal skills this could be the opportunity for you.
Bring your skillset to an organisation that really cares and you’ll find the opportunities to thrive within a market leading organisation.
- Administration Duties
- Customer Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'