The chance to make a difference.....
This post would suit either someone with a track record of improving income flow through fund raising activities within the Third Sector or someone whom has led commercial teams in the private sector and has had experience, either in the work place or out, of the Not for Profit arena.
The organisation, a well known local charity, has made great progress in shaking up the processes, protocols and general methodologies and is undergoing a change in the senior management team.
They have ambitious revenue targets and are looking for an innovative thinker and strategist whom can join the team and help take the charity to the next level with new ways of generating income through innovative fund raising ideas.
This is a blank sheet of paper type role, a real chance to make a huge difference, seeing the results of your labour and having a superb team around you to help deliver on your ideas.
Some of the reponsibilities include:
- Develop the Fundraising strategy in consideration of Community, Events and Corporate functions
- Review the performance of current activities across the regional portfolio, working with the team to assess new opportunities and making recommendations.
- Working with the team to develop and diversify our fundraising portfolio by testing and opening up new fundraising streams
- Drive the team to be proactive in approach, to secure new supporters in all sectors and be constantly adding to our supporter timeline.
- Research, develop and deliver new products in the portfolio
- To keep informed and up to date with all new and existing fundraising regulations and legislation
- Recommend and monitor the annual Regional Fundraising plan and budget with detailed breakdown, rationale and KPIs, to include reforecasting as requested and benchmarking team performance against competitors and sector averages, metrics and ratios.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- To plan, develop, design and implement training for the Fundraising team
- To manage the performance of the Fundraising team and ensure delivery of plans and targets in adherence with processes and procedures at all times including procurement, health and safety, risk assessment and management, database and contact management, data protection, fundraising codes and Gift Aid.
- To ensure that appropriate activity is in place to support volunteer recruitment initiatives in order to grow and maintain a network of volunteers to deliver against the strategic plan.
- To work with the Marketing team in the planning of all fundraising materials, branding and marketing of all events, ensuring social media is used to its full capacity.
- To be an active, participating member of the Leadership Team and to deputise/take on additional responsibilities when needed.
- To represent the charity at events, conferences and in the media as required.
- To deputise for the Director of Income Generation as required