Fundraising and Campaign Development Manager
Circa £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Stevenage, Hertfordshire (with regular working from IET London, Savoy Place)
The IET is seeking an experienced fundraising manager to work with the executive staff and high level volunteers to raise funds from corporates, foundations, and high net worth individuals. You will develop and deliver a transformational and sustainable fundraising strategy to support the charitable aims of The IET.
You will be joining a small specialist fundraising team within the Governance and External Engagement Directorate. The Fundraising and Campaign Development Manager will take the lead on developing and delivering a transformational and sustainable strategy to support the charitable aims of the IET.
The successful candidate will have a track record of raising significant funds and developing relationships from cultivation to solicitation stewardship. You will be able to demonstrate diplomacy to work at a very senior level and in a range of situations, as well as the ability to inspire trust in others. The Fundraising and Campaign Development Manager will be skilled in producing compelling documents and pitches, demonstrating excellent communication skills. Experience working in a complex organisation like the IET would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will be results orientated and have a commitment to achieving targets whilst taking personal accountability for their work. An openness to new methods, with the drive and ability to act on your own initiative is key!
This role sits within a diverse directorate where managers are encouraged to share views and ideas and to support each other’s varied activities. You will be a people manager who is willing to uphold high standards within the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join in with the exciting work that The IET do to engineer a better world.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing prospective donors for gifts or other transferable experience of securing new business, ideally in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering strategy.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to assimilate complex information quickly and produce written papers to a high standard of presentation and argument.
- Willingness and ability to travel where required.
- Experience in developing strong and compelling fundraising materials.
- Expertise in researching and matching prospective donor interests with funding needs and using research tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and manage volunteers and other senior stakeholders to achieve specific financial goals.
- Excellent presentation skills with thorough and accurate attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of the principles of good customer care and the accountabilities of a charity and the motivations of its donors, supporters and volunteers
- A Basic Disclosure check which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.
- Fundraising, Marketing or Business Development qualification.
- An interest in engineering, science and technology.
- Knowledge of the work of the IET as a charity and an understanding of the mutual benefits of effective partnership working.
- Donor Development
- Presentation Skills
- Prospect Research
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job