A 3 month+ opportunity for a Funding Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Gosport.
The post holder is a nominated casual user for car allowance purposes, whilst the duties and responsibilities of the post justify this, and must hold a full current driving licence and have a vehicle available
To play the lead role in assisting the Economic Development & Regeneration Manager and Team Managers in identifying and securing external funding for strategic projects, in accordance with the council's priorities.
To proactively identify strategic funding opportunities (including Solent LEP, Town Fund, 'Levelling Up' Fund, National Lottery, Historic England, Coastal Communities, Armed Forces Covenant and other government, public and private sources) that contribute towards the Council's strategic priorities, with a particular emphasis on physical and economic regeneration.
To work with Council colleagues to identify priorities for funding and assess bidding opportunities, including resource implications.
To develop innovative and creative bids or applications on behalf of the Borough to secure funding to ensure the Council's priorities in areas such as business support, sector development, heritage, place-making and with a particular emphasis on physical and economic regeneration are taken forward
- Degree, appropriate professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant work experience that aligns with the Job Description and attainments/knowledge and the experience/capabilities of the person specification
- A thorough understanding of external funding, programme management and reporting mechanisms
- Track record of producing successful funding bids and undertaking programme management
- Experience of monitoring of public sector funds
- Effective bid writing, inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a local authority
Rate of pay
Flexibility up to £30 PH Umbrella
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'