PURPOSE OF JOB:
Working under the direction of the External Funding and Business Development Manager, to raise our game in bidding for and securing significant levels of external funding that supports the Council and its partners to achieve their ambitions and strategic objectives. This includes; drafting an External Funding Strategy, identifying and securing funding from a range of agencies, leading on bid submission, and coordinating action across Council services and partners to maximize success.
- To support the drafting, consulting on and implementation of a new External Funding Strategy that focusses delivery against Council priorities.
- To lead / deliver active joint working across Council departments and key partners / stakeholders that supports the successful implementation of the External Funding Strategy.
- To take responsibility for establishing and running a successful External Funding Group that brings together key players to develop funding proposals, share resources and good practice to ensure success.
- To develop strong relationships with the Voluntary, Private and Commercial Sectors across Walsall and beyond, to support the delivery of the External Funding Strategy.
- To ensure that wherever possible that external grants procedures and any delegated responsibilities are complied with and that all parties understand their responsibilities for each application they are responsible for.
- Ultimately to lead on the drafting of bid submissions, that are timely, of high quality and that succeed in bringing significant amounts of new funding into Walsall.
Ability, Skills, Knowledge
- Proven experience of successful bid writing and securing external funding
- Excellent knowledge of External Funding Application methods and techniques
- A fully detailed knowledge and understanding of Funding streams that can support Economic Development / Regeneration etc.
- Proven experience of securing tenders and public sector contracts
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills, for a wide variety of audiences
- Strong numeracy skills, with previous experience of compiling and managing budgets
- Effective negotiation skills
- Excellent ICT skills and abilities
- Able to prioritise a varied workload and keep track of a large volume of ongoing projects with multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Detailed understanding of how to market effectively across a range of mediums to a range of audiences.
- The ability to form and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of people from a diverse range of bodies and organisations
Strong track record of developing, delivering and submitting successful high value funding applications e.g. £500k - £1M plus.
- Experience of securing match funding (cash and in kind) from a range of partners
- Experience of presenting reports and submissions to a wide range of senior officials
- Experience of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior officials within external organisations and agencies
- Marketing experience, ideally in a fundraising environment
- Experience of operating within and understanding the Political environment, managing relationships with key members at all levels.
- Line Management / Supervisory Skills
- Educated to degree level or possessing equivalent experience within the appropriate fields.
- A relevant funding or project qualification e.g. IOF, AMP, PRINCE 2.
- Significant experience of securing complex external funding arrangements within the Private/Public Sector, Local Authority or multi-sector/partnership environment.
- Bid Writing
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Writing Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'