Reports into: Senior Manager - VP
The Fund Accounting Manager of the IBOR Oversight team is responsible for acting in a technical SME capacity across all IBOR BAU for a number of key clients. This includes SME daily reporting reviews, KPI monitoring, issue resolution, new development implementation, controls and procedures reviews and implementation. The SME is also expected to work alongside other departments across various Global sites.
Job Background / Context
The role holder will report to the Senior Manager of the IBOR Oversight team, which is part of the Middle Office. The IBOR Oversight team is a team that is currently expanding due to new business. The team oversees a number of production teams globally, mainly in India, although Warsaw and Luxembourg too. The role includes daily interaction and communication with these offshore sites, in addition to liaison with clients and client service teams.
- Taking the lead in investigation and resolution of complex client and internal queries in a timely manner, including liaison with clients and client service teams.
- Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all internal and external customers including client, offshore partners, client service and middle office teams.
- Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
- Undertake technical reviews of the daily client reporting and key reconciliations to ensure client records and systems are accurate.
- Daily reviews of MI and KPI's to ensure accuracy and timeliness are being maintained. Ensure negative trends are identified and actions and plans are implemented to resolve.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and internal policies are adhered to. Input into risk and compliance reviews both internal and with the client.
- Monitor performance of offshore teams through regular governance meetings.
- Leading various client calls on behalf of the team.
- Actively look for efficiencies across all of the production sites, leading efficiency projects and other projects as required.
- Promote implementation of company initiatives in line with the organisations vision and strategic direction.
- Leading ad hoc projects as required.
- The role offers the opportunity to be the lead subject matter expert for a significant client's flagship fund range, increase investigative, technical and testing skills.
- Develop relationships with an array of global internal parties
- Building relationships with clients.
- To expand knowledge of the end to end middle office, in a growing market-place offering for clients
- Providing a senior role that adds significant service to clients.
- Exposure to various interesting and diverse projects.
Knowledge / Experience
- An in depth knowledge of the daily middle office operations.
- Relevant systems knowledge relevant to data systems, and investigating data on systems.
- Experience of analysing data and reconciliations.
- Quality assurance/checking.
- An understanding of our clients businesses.
- Financial understanding and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of different instrument and asset types.
- Continuous improvement projects.
- Communication & interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate.
- An inquisitive mind, and able to pro-actively investigate unusual items noted within the fund range.
- Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude is a pre-requisite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Relationship building and influencing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A high energy level and an enquiring mind.
- Time management, including the ability to manage multiple deadlines at same time.
- IMC qualified
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet this criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- People skills.
- Client focused.
- Responsible for actions.
- Structured and organized.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.