An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience Fund Accountant to join a leading Investment Manager in the heart of London.
Reporting into the Senior Manager you will be responsible for the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of clients and will act as a liaison and point of contact for all matter relating to the account. You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for the quality of the work carried out for the client.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- Overseeing the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence files;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds' periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organising and participating in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administrational tasks as required by your managers or clients.
As the ideal candidate you will be a fully or nearly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a strong academic background. You will have prior knowledge of fund accounting and NAV calculations. You will have excellent communication and systems skills.