Location: HMP Stocken
Salary: £20.00 to £25.00 per hour
Hours: Sessional/ Various Hours
Event: Careers Open Day 24th October 9.30am – 12:00pm
As part of our Careers Event, we are looking for experienced Functional Skills Lecturers to deliver Functional Skills English, Maths or ICT to a diverse group of learners at HMP Stocken. As part of our Offender Learning team you will help to develop a strong English, Maths or ICT programme from pre-entry up to level 2 that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for dedicated education professionals to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Functional Skills. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated, adaptable and professional Tutors, who have excellent emotional intelligence and communication skills. The ideal candidates will be passionate and creative lecturers, who can thrive upon working within challenging yet rewarding environments.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above) Functional Skills English.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching experience in English/Maths/ICT with relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
About HMP Stocken
HMP Stocken was built in 1985 and is a Category C prison housing adult male prisoners. In January 2003, an inspection report from Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Prisons praised Stocken Prison, stating that it was an example for other jails to follow. Inspectors found "mutually respectful relationships between staff and prisoners" which created a "decent, safe and ordered environment." The prison also earned praise for its pre-release programme, which included housing advice and personal appointments for inmates.
More about the rewards
As well as having 35, flexible, days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme “Just add fuel”, but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College, you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Childcare vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
About Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty’s Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners’ chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners’ successfully through education and ‘Through the Gate’.
Please submit your CV to register your interest in the event and to find out more. At this point, you will be contacted with more information on how to finalise your registration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job