R13 recruitment are collaborating with a fantastic learning and training provider in order to recruit a Functional Skills Tutor to join their Dereham team. The focus of this position will be on working with young people with a variety of educational needs, focusing on Functional Skills delivery. This will predominantly be focused on Maths but may also include some English and ICT. This will involve you supporting young people who may be disabled, disadvantaged or dis-engaged with mainstream education to help them improve their employment prospects.
This is a brilliant chance to join an Ofsted Outstanding graded organisation. You will be someone who is passionate about education and is able provide engaging, creative and thought-provoking sessions which are topically led.
Duties to include:
- Creating dynamic and engaging learning sessions which appeal to learners who may not have been successful in a mainstream educational environment.
- Delivering learning sessions, assuring all learners remain engaged and progress accordingly.
- Proactively reviewing learner progress and identifying additional support areas and creating action plans to address and improve performance.
- Recording of learner progress on internal database system regularly to track progress.
- Behaviour management, recognising potential issues and resolving swiftly.
- Ensuring all learners are involved in decision making through learner voice forums, survey, attendance and review sessions.
- Undertaking verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely learner’s reviews.
- Supporting learners independently with academic and personal difficulties.
- Managing all onsite resources to ensure security of materials and equipment.
You will have/be:
- Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English Experience.
- A Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in 14-19 provision.
- Full Teaching Qualifications e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS or DTLLS.
- ICT Level 2.
- A Minimum of GCSE C grade or level 4 in Maths and English.
- Experience teaching Maths sessions.
- A genuine desire to positively influence young people’s futures through the provision of recognised qualifications outside of the mainstream education system.
- A creative approach and an understanding of different learning / teaching styles.
- The ability to make Functional Skills relevant and interesting.
- Effective communication skills, coupled with the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence to handle challenging behaviour from learners.
- Capability to encourage, motivate and positively influence learners to high levels of achievement.
- Exceptional organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise workload.
- IAG Qualification.
- TAQA Award in Assessing or Verifying.
- Experience of organising and leading projects with young people.
Please note that as part of the interview process you will be required to create and deliver a short learning session to a group of learners on a key topic.
Where you do not possess a teaching or training qualification, you must be committed to gaining this within a specified timeframe. This will be fully funded by the business.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check for this position**
This is a full-time permanent role. Offered salary of up to £27,000 DOE. A competitive benefits package is offered including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional holiday time, personal training budget, pension, company discount platform.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Cockerton - Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Young People
- Learning Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'