FMECA, FTA, Functional Safety, Safety, Engineer, TUV, FMEA, Control Techniques
Your new company
Your new company are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Their innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
Your new role
In your new role you will support the Yellow Project Manager in generation of functional safety plans commensurate with the requirements of IEC 61508 and related standards, as applicable. Carry out a series of system and sub-system functional safety activities in support of the plans during all safety software lifecycle phases.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the lead electronics design engineer in preparation of failure rate and diagnostic coverage (safe-failure-fraction) predictions.
- Organising and recording system level functional safety analysis using FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Manage the interface to the safety certification body (TUV).
- Management of functional safety requirements and traceability to implementation.
- Monitoring and auditing of the operation of configuration management and document management systems for safety-related items.
- Production of material supporting the certification of the product.
- Organising and recording verification reviews.
- Specifying, executing and recording safety validation tests.
Qualifications, Experience and profile:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Application of standards for functional safety of programmable systems.
- Estimation of electronics failure rates using component level FMEA or other techniques such as reliability block diagrams or Markov analysis.
- Functional safety analysis at system level, using FMEA / FTA, etc.
Production of documentation for certification or approval of safety-related systems.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job