Monday - Friday 9-5
£38,000 + Private Medical Insurance + Life Insurance + Pension Contributions 10% + Flexible Benefits Package + Professional Fee’s Paid + 25 Days Leave plus Bank Holidays.
MAXIMUS partners with governments to deliver critical health and human services programmes that improve the lives of citizens around the world. We work hand-in-hand with our government partners to improve the lives of individuals around the world. Our commitment to social responsibility is at the heart of our mission of Helping Government Serve the People®. We are committed to operating in a responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
In the UK, we carry out Work Capability Assessments for the Health Assessment Advisory Service. We do this on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). These assessments are designed to develop understanding of the specific impact an individual’s long-term illness or disability has on their ability to work. They are an integral part of the process for claiming for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
We can offer you the scope to make a real difference for people, while extending your skills in an alternative, important and interesting field. If you share our strong commitment to customer care, you’ll discover that we are just as passionate about supporting you. As part of our committed team of specialists, you will have unique and important responsibilities. The functional analysis you carry out will focus not on a person’s condition, but rather on the effects the condition has on that person.
Your career with us will begin with comprehensive training. This has been approved by the DWP, and designed to ensure you have all the skills and knowledge you need to complement your existing healthcare expertise. Put simply, we’ll take care to make sure you’re ready to do a great job for customers from day one.
- Undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
- File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects day to day life in performing work related activities. Any brain related injuries are referred to the Medical Practitioner.
- Use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
- Deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- Undertake recorded assessments where required.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative; understanding own limitations and requesting support when necessary or required.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a professional and concise report.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time as required.
You will need to be:
- NMC Registered Nurse or HCPC Registered Physiotherapist with a minimum of two years recent broad based post registration experience is required. Previous experience of functional or disability assessment and clinical decision making is desirable.
- Able to demonstrate registration and continuous professional development having been maintained in accordance with the requirements of your professional body
- Completed mentoring in clinical practice qualification e.g. ENB 998 or equivalent is desirable.
- IT literate with experience if using a range of software
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly change work environment
- Experience of change management and ability to successfully influence and negotiate
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Registered Nurses