We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity exists for the appointment of a FUM Analyst within the New Business and FUM Intelligence team.
The team is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of the Group FUM, New business and other key deliverables. This is a high profile role delivering core information to a diverse set of stakeholders. The FUM reporting will be shared externally via our parent company Prudential, FCA returns, SEC filings and internally through our reporting. In addition to this, we are also looking for continuous improvement, enhanced reporting and creating efficiencies in the process. The team will interact with all Finance teams and the wider M&G Business.
Your key responsibilities for the role will be
- Produce quarterly Group FUM data and monthly new business reporting
- To ensure stakeholder queries are dealt with promptly and accurately
- Identify ways to improve the FUM process such as by enhanced reporting and process of information flows with teams
- Review and update the FUM process in line with the business rollout of BRS Aladdin
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and projects
- Keep up good working relations with all stakeholders; communicate effectively to understand their needs to help deliver the right reporting on agreed deadlines.
Your additional responsibilities for the role will be
- Fully understand the Group FUM reporting process and complete quarterly, monthly tasks to the agreed timelines.
- Monthly New Business Reporting highlighting new business by M&G asset categories.
- Regulatory reporting including FCA FUM returns, Statutory reporting, Marketing FUM and SEC FUM (US return) for Compliance.
- Provide top service to all stakeholders, develop strong working relationships and partner up with colleagues in other business areas to build robust end to end processes.
- Understand the different M&G Business units (BU) and client types.
- Challenge existing processes and procedures, identify ways to improve and see them through to implementation.
- Contribute to the development of useful MI as part of quarterly KPI/MI update to Finance.
- Production of on-going documentation of quarterly FUM reporting process
- FUM analysis and commentary for board reports including explanation of FUM movements by review of market movements and flow data.
- Design and create additional reports for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to enrich FUM database with further data such as flows, regulatory, cross investments, internal investments etc.
- Work with key stakeholders to review and update the FUM process in line with the rollout of BRS Aladdin.
What we are looking for
- An in-depth knowledge of fund structures, products and instruments.
- Operational/Fund Accounting experience within Investment Banking or Investment Management.
- A strong track record of being able to work to challenging deadlines with accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical, innovative and organised with ability to present results.
- Ability to justify and defend proposed approaches.
- An ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders across the business.
- Needs initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Inquisitive with desire to understand every aspect of role.
- Strong prioritisation and influencing skills with an ability to manage differing requirements from multiple clients.
The role is suited to someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Proven post qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Asset management and or Investment banking experience.
- Experience working with FCA and non-FCA regulated funds.
- Experience working with Multi-Asset funds.
- Working with Stakeholders and people at different levels.
- Strong Excel Skills.
Salary: competitive / Market Rate
Posting Date: 21 02 2018
Closing Date: 21 03 2018
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.