Wonderful Hospital School set up to work with pupils aged 4 - 19 who are patients of a psychiatric hospital. Working with children and young people with social, emotional mental health diffcutlies and callenging behaviour.
The position is for a qualified teacher who is able to teach across the secondary curriculum supporting a range of subjects but with English as their specialist subject. Primary teachers willing to teach this older age group may apply. The teacher will be working within a split-site hospital school. The school has sites in Beckenham and Camberwell but he or she will be based in Denmark Hill, where the pupils are age 12 to 18 years. The candidate must:
- Be a UK qualified teacher registered with the GTC
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have a fully enhanced DBS and list 99 clearances, overseas checks completed where relevant.
- Have successful teaching experience (not open to NQT)
- Be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be able to cope with challenging behaviour in a calm and professional way
- Be flexible in their approach in an ever-changing environment.
- Be well motivated with a degree of maturity in dealing with emotional distress.
- Be able to liaise effectively with parents and other professionals such as the pupil’s home school teachers.
- Be willing to work with the broader multi-disciplinary team within the hospital.
If you are a qualified teacher with the skills and experience needed to work in a challenging but rewarding environment, please contact Daniel at Teaching Personnel.
- Mental Health
- Young People