My client is a well-known global leader in the sports industry providing broadcast, content, digital, mobile, results, social and professional services.
With offices based in the UK, Italy, France, Germany, America, India, Japan and Australia, they have over 30 years' experience at the top level of international sport with a headcount of nearly 500 employees. So, if you are a sports fan, this is a bonus!
They are looking for a talented Technical Lead Developer to work on their cutting edge digital deliveries, related services & applications. Their products and solutions include the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding & transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms.
You will have demonstrated a track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web based projects. As well as having a solid understanding of database design and development, you will be able to display broad back-end experience and knowledge. To strive in this role, you will have also shown previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications.
- Taking the lead on development work on new and existing projects
- Full ownership of technical direction and architecture of a solution
- Leading, guiding and mentoring a technical team allocated to one or numerous projects
- Taking part in scoping, estimation, and sprint planning
- Co-operate with various multi-disciplinary development teams, project-managers and stakeholders
- Skilled knowledge of ASP.NET using C#, with strong back-end experience and exposure to the following technologies:
- Experience in SOLID principles and design patterns, TDD/BDD, and CI & CD
- Proven experience with B2C solution architecture, requirement gathering, task estimation, and sprint planning
- Strong understanding of security, performance tuning and optimization
- Well versed with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, use of TFS and Git-flow processes
- Strong communicator, with an ability to express and understand difficult technical concepts
- Ability to work in teams with strong interpersonal skills and mentoring experience.
- Ability to present skills and able to present in front of client for required technical concepts.
- Coaching skills with ability to step outside role confines and help teach other team members
Strategic & Operations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Help the Project Manager to identify potential issues and resolve them with technical expertise
- Well versed with the state of the art technologies within Web/Software development and can guide the client and team members as need arise
- Understand the departmental goals and spot potential new business with the client
- Ensure the process and guideline implementation of the development process within the project life cycle
- Ensure project quality and optimisation
- Ensure that product goes through all testing phases and deployment is regulated among development, staging and production environment
- Understand usability practices and able to advise on this to creative, client and team members
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure that projects meet tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with clients and travel to project sites
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Ability to line manage team members and mentor them as required
- 1 day a week WFH
If you feel this role is for you let me know and I will share the full spec!