FullStack Developer / Full Stack Developer
6 month contract initially
We are currently looking for a Front End Developer / Full Stack Developer to join a Central Government department on London.
Preference is being given to Frontend developers who profess backend stack (ideally Django skills) as the department would like to get closer to a cross-disciplined approach over time. Also recent/senior experience of React.
The Front End Developer / Full Stack Developer will follow the Department's software development standards. You will proactively seek to address roadblocks' affecting assignments.
The successful Developer will demonstrate collaboration within and between product delivery teams; reusing and sharing components, participating in peer reviews, contributing to standards development, and sharing knowledge. You will also ensure that delivered products are resilient, scalable and report errors only when human intervention is needed.
The Frontend Developer's main responsibilities will include:
- Build and iterate Front End applications in response to user needs, as prioritised by Product Managers.
- Provide technical input, making sure that Product and Delivery Managers are aware of potential risks, issues and benefits of any changes and approaches being considered.
- Implement Front End designs based on prototypes and content provided by designers.
- Work across teams and liaise with other Front End developers. Share information and common components to avoid duplication and to improve efficiency. Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions.
- Work as part of an agile team alongside user researchers, content and interaction designers, Back End developers, product managers and delivery managers.
- Proven experience of React JS.
- Experience of Node JS.
- Experience working in Python or Django environments.
- Experience in building mobile first websites.
- Experience of SASS, Express, ES6.
- Experience of templating languages such as HAML, Nunjucks or Handlebars.
- Experience of building REST APIs from a Front End perspective.
- Have demonstrable experience in working with Agile methodologies, TDD (Test Driven Development) and (CI & CD) Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Scrum, Jenkins and custom internal tooling.
- Knowledge of accessibility friendly Front End frameworks.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Experience of working closely with user researchers to understand requirements.
- Demonstrable working experience with Gulp/Babel/Webpack.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Experience of working on government services.
Please apply if interested. This contract role is outside of IR35.
If this role is of interest, please apply for immediate consideration.
- Front End
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'